Whoever imagined this would be our world. That our nightmares would be filled with fears of no flour, coffee, peanut butter, and toilet paper on the grocery store shelves. But they are. We wake at 3 am wondering if today will be the day we get the flour.
These, of course, are trivial worries when there are people whose family members and friends are out there on the frontline—working in the medical field, stocking our grocery shelves, delivering our mail. Which brings us back to flour. Baking has become a way to share and say, "Thank You!". So, here is a recipe NEAT Blueberry Scones. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 3/8 cup almond milk + 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 heaping cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees (F)
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- Grate frozen butter, add to flour mixture and combine with fingers, pastry cutter or two forks. Should form pea-size clusters.
- Add combined wet ingredients
- Dust surface with flour and pour mixture onto counter. Form into a 9” disk (if too dry you can add a little more milk). Cut into 6 wedges. Place on a cookie sheet that is covered with a piece of parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden.